Followers

Monday 19 March 2012

IHSW & Some Finishes

Hello Everyone

I hope you all had a good week-end!  From the 16-18 March it was the International Hermit and Stitch Weekend.  I'm always pleased when this starts, as it gives me an incentive to get some stitching done.  I've been looking at my copy of the 2003 "Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments", and found a wonderful design by The Prairie Schooler, called "Herald Angels".  It fits in with the "Starry Night" designs she has already charted, and I have already stitch one of the "Wise Men", which can be found here.

Herald Angels by The Prairie Schooler.

My friend Janet sent me some cross stitch goodies that she spotted in a charity shop.  A magazine called "Cross Stitch Gifts", which I did not have in my collection and a couple of small kits.  I loved one of the kit's so much I started stitching it right away.  I used my own threads as not many remained in the kit.  I'm quite pleased with how it looks as a Christmas Card.   And here it is.  

Candleglow - Christmas Card


Close up of "Candleglow" by The Textile Heritage Collection,



Mothering Sunday

In the United Kingdom, Sunday was Mothering Sunday.  So it was lovely to see my daughter and she bought me a wonderful gift.  An Owl shaped cushion.  Something I have really wanted. 

Isn't he cute!
  It's always hard to judge the size by just a photograph.  He's just the right size at approximately 12" x 12" or 30.5cm x 30.5cm.


Until next time, Happy Stitching Everyone



7 comments:

Vickie said...

I love Herald Angels. The owl pillow is great!

lesli said...

I am in love with that owl cushion! :)
Herald Angels is just lovely.

Anne said...

Beautiful PS finish! I love their designs!! Lovely Candleglow too!! Cute owl too! What a lovely daughter!!

Stitching Noni said...

Love the owl cushion! And what a great find with the charity shop mags!

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com.au/

Lee said...

Wanted you to know I have awarded you a Liebster Award for your blog beacause its always nice to visit.
drop in on my blog to see all the details

Thoeria said...

Lovely stitching! And your owl is just sooo hootiful :) I love owls! Used to collect them when I was younger :)

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

I love your owl cushion, what a lovely Mothering Sunday gift.
Candleglow is very pretty and I love the colour scheme for Herald Angels.