Followers

Friday 1 July 2011

I'm Back!!

Yes, I've been away and visited Germany - I will have to post some photo's later.  But I did take some stitching with me, and I have just finished them.  Yes, that's right I stitched two Hardanger pieces and here they are.

Based on Hardanger Crystal 3 by Nordic Needle

Based on Hardanger Crystal 4 by Nordic Needle


I changed the needle weaving in the the middle on Crystal 3 and also added beads instead of crystals.  
The only thing missing on Crystal 4 are the crystals.  The threads I used are Anchor 1345, pearl cotton and stranded cotton.



Until next time, Happy Stitching





8 comments:

wendy111 said...

They are lovely and i love the colour of the floss you have used. I am glad you had a nice holiday.

Unknown said...

Love your pieces but I adore the thread can you tell me what it is please. Such beautiful work.

cucki said...

yup..i really love it too..love the colors so much..
glad that you had a lovely holidays..
keep ell dear..lots of love and hugs xx

Tatkis said...

Beautiful hardanger pieces - love the pattern and threads!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Nancy in IL said...

I hope you had a wonderful holiday, Mary Joan! I love your hardanger pieces and would love to know what the threads were. I love the green/blue combination!

mdgtjulie said...

They're gorgeous Mary Joan. Love them both. I hope you had a smashing time on your holiday. Do you have pics to share?

Thoeria said...

Absolutely LOVE the pieces Mary Joan! I'll have to see if I can get that thread here and see where I can use it! It looks really gorgeous!

Parsley said...

What lovely work! I really admire this talent. I bought some pearl cotton floss and had NO idea what Hardanger was...now I do.